Wednesday, January 13, 2010

River Dancing

Blog 6
In My Ears – Room Eleven / Paolo Nutini


Video games…they are for kids…or so I thought…then the those clever buggers found a way to suck me in…Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revolution, Rock Band…are you kidding me...I’m hooked. The real obsession started with Dance Dance Revolution-ahhh DDR!!! It was quite a sad display at first, got booed off the mat…then it all clicked, my legs had a mind of their own…I didn’t even have to think about it they just knew what to. Two dance mats enter…alright a bit dramatic…the dance offs started…I competed against all the kids I know - ages ranging from 5 to 9 years…a victory is a victory, I didn’t seem to care who the competitor was…I must admit I did point and yell “in your face” to a few kids. Then a worthy opponent entered the arena (my living room)…we discussed the nuances of the game – bare feet, socks with grips or with out grips…this girl (my sister) was a pro. Ali and I started off slowly…got warmed up…then the dance frenzy started…I have to say we both held our own…in the end Ali did win and because she is related to me I got a much deserved “in your face”!!! Tired, drenched with sweat we made our way outside to the artic air to cool down. I think I should add at this point that we were not alone in the house, friends were over for drinks - we were getting our dance on and forgot all about them. Back in for another round… this time only one mat, let the other rest between songs…Ali was kickin’ it - she had all the right moves…my turn…feet again ON FIRE…then I caught a glimpse of myself in the TV screen…OH MY GOD…I am a River Dancer…I am the Lord of the Dance…Michael Flatley has nothing on me…my upper body did not move, not one inch…I don’t dance anymore…I am in a Band now…and we ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment