Friday, January 8, 2010

The Night Stand

Blog – 2
In My Ears – Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings / Jamie Cullum / Boz Scaggs
Smoking – YES PLEASE!!! But holding steady and still smoke free.

It must be the whole New Year thing, fresh start frenzy that has me going these days. Got ambitious and decided to clean out my nightstand … the catch all for all things – The Bedroom Junk Drawer. As I sifted through the gamut of items…cell phones, lego, pens, lighters, jewellery, books, business cards, money, paper, wrappers, remotes, lotions, potions, socks, gloves, the list is endless…I started to feel like I have been here before, it was a familiar place…then it dawned on me…my nightstand is really just an extension of my purse. As I looked down on the floor it was confirmed, surrounding the 3 drawers of treasures were numerous purses. The nightstand was like a docking station – the mother ship - a place they can go to unload, recharge, and hang with their like-minded friends. I have always said I could leave the house for days and never want for anything as long as I had my purse…just imagine if I travelled with my nightstand, I could embark on a proper tour. My mind started to make all sorts of comparisons to the contents of my purse and a piece of furniture. Then I looked on the top of the stand and decided to consolidate all the partially consumed glasses of water…one nice big full glass of water, the glass even felt cool to the touch…I am notorious for filling a glass, taking a sip and leaving it lying around…of course I conclude that this water must be from today…one big glass will get me one step closer to the 8 to 10 a day I am trying to achieve…and there it was … DUSTY WATER and that is where the list of similarities between my purse and nightstand ended. Random yes, but these are the things that occupy my mind and time at various points in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment