Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just Call Me Heff!!

Blog – 3
In My Ears – Elvis Costello / Fleetwood Mac

The transition from going into the office everyday to working from home was virtually seamless. Wake up, actually eat breakfast at a table and not at the steering wheel and delicious hot coffee with as much cream as I desire. The commute is amazing…on occasion there can be some traffic found in the front hall if I don’t get on “the road” before the kids are leaving for school, but other than that the 14 steps to my offices is rather enjoyable. Working in jeans and T’s a dream come true. Soon the jeans were replaced by yoga pants – yoga pants replaced by jogging pants – do you see where this is going. Jogging pants - what’s the point, just wear pajama pants…not like anyone can see me. I have to admit that the clothes I am wearing does actually impact on my work…It’s interesting, when wearing flannel I am not as tense, tend not to fly off the handle as much (don’t get me wrong I do still flip out just not as often). Maybe I am on to something, should we start instituting pajama days at offices…see how the overall mood changes?? No one told me that the “at home” office attire is a slippery slope…what happens if I wear a nightgown to bed…am I expected to change into more “work appropriate pajamas”…of course not…a floor length Laura Ingalls nightgown will do just fine for the “office”. While taking a break one day, I wandered into my closet, perused my real world work clothes…so many dresses…I missed them…and then my eyes darted to the shoe rack…I haven’t had some of those lovelies on in months…Black satin Dior’s; snakeskin Gucci’s; those green Fluevog’s that just seem to go with everything; then there they were, the red and white Fendi’s – a heal so high they are almost dangerous- how I love them, they are a real crowd pleaser!!!! They must be feeling neglected…I better put them on…I better walk around in them…I better get back to work and work I did…what was it about the shoes everything seemed so much better that afternoon. So every so often I would try another pair out…an expensive shoe can really jazz up $20 pjs; and when partnered with the right nightgown, well that’s just something else. Something else indeed…especially when the door bell unexpectedly rings during the day, peek out the window, it’s a friend, no need to rush to change they have seen your pjs before…open the door and apologize for your lovely attire…To which they respond, “the shoes are fabulous”.

This is dedicated to Melissa and Cola who have taken to calling me Heff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment