Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Should it stay or should it go?


Blog 19
In My Ears - Maxwell

You would think that I have never travelled before…I have become incapable of packing…the second guessing of items has consumed my mind for the better part of 2 days…who are these people that go away for months and months with just one carry on bag (my aunt and uncle are doing it and I just can't get my head around it)…will I really wear 4 black cardigans…probably not, but what if I get there and I want one of them?  It could be warm during the day, but I know it will be cool at night, is rain forecasted?  So now I am packing for all possible weather situations.  How many pairs of shoes do I need…all right…how many do I want (all of them!)?  My carry on luggage has been purged of all books and magazines and is now full of shoes and extra clothes.  Oh shit, I have completely forgotten about all the toiletries…all my lotions and potions have to come…I haven’t even thought about my makeup bag yet…crap…hair dryer…where am I going to put all this.  I need to start from scratch…take everything out and with a critical eye remove the unnecessary…who am I kidding, I need all of it!!!  Anxiety is starting to set in…I am going to get pissed off soon…ok time to be rational…you have access to a washer and dryer so 3 pairs of jeans is a bit over the top…do I need 17 pairs of underwear…fine, 2 black cardigans in the suitcase and I will wear one on the plane…alright a book just made it back in the bag…screw it, I am getting the second suitcase out and I am going to pack even more clothes…ahhh feeling much better now…I wont have to worry about “what if I get there and need…” Now, how am I going to fit these bags into the car…I better call ahead and make sure they have the trunk cleared out to accommodate my luggage…remind me to never ever travel for any extended period of time as that might require me to ship trunks ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment