Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No place like home…


Blog 20
In My Ears – Sade


I am always so excited to go away…I turn into a kid counting down sleeps until departure…the funny thing is not too long after arriving at the chosen destination I start longing for home…I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I hate everything I have packed…none of this stops me from having a great time when I am away but it is always there in the back of my mind, a little ache in my heart. So my time comes to a close and I hop on a few planes and I am home again…I am not sure what it is I expect to find when I arrive home, but nothing changes…its home, it’s the constant in my life…I have been grounded again, surrounded by love…24 hours later my mind starts to wander…how soon is too soon to go away again?

1 comment:

  1. There is something to be said for home right? And even though I live thousands of miles away from Kingston, I still consider it my home...when I get to my mum's place, there is a level of comfort that doesn't really exist anywhere else. A close second is my Finnish home, where pekka is...and although I HATE the winter and all the shit that is brought with it...I still love coming home. Matävä!

    ReplyDelete